Four generations of Robinson men in 2009.
Robinson's Log Cottages was started with one small cabin in 1920 by William Robinson and his wife Shirley. The cottages are located on the bank of the Dennys River, on land owned by generations of Robinsons since the 1860's. Although the original camp has been replaced, several more modern log cottages with stone fireplaces and other amenities have been added over the years. The second generation, Ray Robinson, helped his father Bill completed the bulk of the building and rebuilding from the 1950's to the 1960's. Ray and his wife Evelyn took over the business in the 1960's. Both teachers, they retired in the 1970's and made the Cottages their main focus. In the mid-1990's, the cottages were passed to the third generation, James Robinson and wife Gladys, who continued the upkeep of the cottages and the tradition of friendly hospitality.
As of 2014, the cottages are now owned and operated by the fourth generation, Bill Robinson (namesake of the original owner) and his wife Teresa. As in generations past, we endeavor to keep the cottages well maintained; modernized but true to the origins; and comfortable but still rustic. We also strive to provide friendly, personal service.
Though the cottages may be rustic, the tap water is pure, tested and refreshing. The water supply for the cottages comes from an underground spring on the property - the same spring that was used for an Atlantic salmon hatchery in the 1890's by the first Robinson property owner.
The spring water is potable right from the tap, so there is no need for bottled water when visiting. In fact you may find, as we have, that it has a much more preferable taste than bottled water! It is not only used in all of the cottages, but in 3 family houses as well.
Bill & Teresa and our two boys (2018)